About Jesus The Christ
Who is Jesus Christ?
The Bible tell us that Jesus Christ is the completely unique (One of a kind) Son of God (John 3:16).
He is the only One who was ever born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:35).
- God put a perfect seed in the womb of Mary so that Jesus would be born through man but of God. Therefore, Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God (John 3:16) and the Son of Man (John 5:27).
He is the only One who had perfect faith in God, and who, by his free will choice to trust God, lived a sinless life, always doing the will of his Father (John 8:29).
- Jesus was not a robot, programmed to obey God. If so, he could not have been genuinely tempted to sin, just like all men he came to save (Hebrews 4:15).
He is the only One who died as the perfect sacrifice for our sins (Hebrews 10:12-14; 1 John 4:10).
- By his virgin birth and his lifelong obedience to God, all the way to his dying breath on the Cross, he became the perfect sacrifice for the sin and sins of mankind (Hebrews 2:17). Thus, he was the complete propitiation (satisfying substitute) for fallen men to be redeemed.
He is the only One God ever raised from the dead unto everlasting life in order to confirm that He was who He had said He was—the Son of God (Acts 17:31; Romans 1:4).
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ was God keeping His promise to His Son, and also His affirmation to all men that Jesus is “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).
He is the only One whom God highly exalted as “Lord” and “Head of the Church,” and to whom God has given all authority in Heaven and on Earth (Daniel 7:13-14; Philippians 2:9; Acts 2:36; Ephesians 1:22; Matthew 28:18).
- Jesus Christ is now at the right hand of God (Ephesians 1:20), carrying out the work that will eventually restore this fallen world.
He is the only One who is now the Mediator between God and mankind (1 Timothy 2:5).
- It is Jesus Christ to whom God has given the power to “save to the uttermost” all who call upon his name, because He ever lives to make intercession for us (Hebrews 7:25).
He is the only One who will gather together all Christians to meet him “in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
- He will give each one a new body like His own (Philippians 3:21).
He is the only One who will raise from the dead every human being who has ever lived(John 5:21, 25).
- As God has given Jesus “life in himself,” so he will raise up all people.
He is the only One who will judge all men and women of all time (John 5:22, 27).
- Jesus will righteously judge all people, granting everlasting life to those who deserve it, and condemn all the wicked (Acts 17:31; John 5:28, 29).
He is the only One who will restore all things forever (Matthew 19:28).
- Jesus will declare His full victory over everything by redeeming and renewing His whole creation (1 Corinthians 15:42-49, Philippians 3:20-21, 2 Peter 3:3-13)
He is the only man who is our Savior, our Redeemer, our Mediator, our Lord, our constant Companion, our Best Friend, our Big Brother, the Light of our lives, our Peace, our Joy, and He is the Lover of our souls, and that is why we love Him and confess Him as Lord (Romans 10:9).